SUBMENU

Welcome to Bourne End Academy. Bourne End Academy is a mixed Upper School, Years 7 - 13, of approximately 600 students. We offer a balanced and broad curriculum in a learning environment that has challenge, stretch and purpose whilst simultaneously ensuring that all needs are catered for. Our vision is to create an outstanding learning environment where aspiration, enjoyment and tenacity is evident and reflected by students who make exceptional progress, feel valued and, equally, are valued by the local and wider community.

This is underpinned by our school ethos where all students are supported by staff to:

• Believe in themselves; the value of education; and in Bourne End Academy
  • Engage in their learning and school with maximum effort to reach their full potential
  • Aspire to be the very best that they can be and never settle for less

Alongside a structured and disciplined learning environment our community is exceptionally welcoming. Our students are safe and feel safe. Students, through an education that caters for all both in and outside the classroom, grow in confidence and leave our school as young people equipped to continue learning or ready for the workplace, who appreciate and are prepared for life in modern Britain and who are an asset to us all.

We converted to an academy on 1 September 2014 and are part of Wycombe High School Academies Trust. Sharon Cromie, the Headteacher of Wycombe High School, is the Executive Headteacher of Bourne End Academy.  Our aim is for all our students to make exceptional progress and to be the first choice school in the local community. Our recent examination results show that our endeavours are paying dividends in terms of both attainment and achievement:

• English results 2016: English 65% A*-C and Expected Progress 71%; English Literature 85% A*-C and Expected Progress 63%

• Mathematics results 2016: Mathematics 62% A*-C; Expected Progress 61%

We welcome visitors to the school to meet us and ask any questions.

Andrea Jacobson
Headteacher