SUBMENU

Welcome to Bourne End Academy. Bourne End Academy is a mixed Upper School, Years 7 - 13, of approximately 600 students. We offer a balanced and broad curriculum in a learning environment that has challenge, stretch and purpose whilst simultaneously ensuring that all needs are catered for. Our vision is to create an outstanding learning environment where aspiration, enjoyment and tenacity is evident and reflected by students who make exceptional progress, feel valued and, equally, are valued by the local and wider community.

This is underpinned by our school ethos where all students are supported by staff to:

• Believe in themselves; the value of education; and in Bourne End Academy
  • Engage in their learning and school with maximum effort to reach their full potential
  • Aspire to be the very best that they can be and never settle for less

Alongside a structured and disciplined learning environment our community is exceptionally welcoming. Our students are safe and feel safe. Students, through an education that caters for all both in and outside the classroom, grow in confidence and leave our school as young people equipped to continue learning or ready for the workplace, who appreciate and are prepared for life in modern Britain and who are an asset to us all.

We are rapidly becoming one of the best Upper Schools in Buckinghamshire. This is evidenced by recent data. Our GCSE progress data for 2017 places us in the ‘top half’ of best Upper Schools in Buckinghamshire, and above similar local Upper Schools. The data can be found here on the Department for Education website: https://www.gov.uk/school-performance-tables. And as we look forward to this summer, we are predicting further improvements.

We welcome visitors to the school to meet us and ask any questions.

Andrea Jacobson

Headteacher