sQuid Cashless Catering
Bourne End Academy accepts sQuid payments
What is the School Cashless Catering System all about?
The school, Alliance in Partnership, our catering providers, and sQuid have teamed up to introduce a cashless catering system for the purchase of food in our restaurant.
Students and staff use a finger scan to pay for food and drink at the restaurant. It’s convenient, safe and secure, and stops students having to carry any sums of money to school each day.
It is topped up by parents online, but students without access to on-line facilities, may bring cash in to school, to be uploaded onto their accounts. This must be in note form (£5, £10, £20), and taken to the restaurant staff who will provide this service.
What is Biometric ?
Biometric is simply a method of identifying an individual person. We will be using an algorithm based scan, which reads between 50 & 130 points on the finger/thumb.
It is not a fingerprint in any way, shape or form and is of use only in the cashless system.
The information of a pupil or staff member, who has been biometrically registered, is stored on a secure Biometric Controller within the school, which only our provider, Nationwide Retail Systems Ltd, can access.
Having registered your card with sQuid you will also be able to:-
- Receive a mobile phone alert when your child’s account goes below £5
- Check your account balance and view your transactions
- Top up your account from your bank account, credit or debit card
- Protect your card balance should your card be lost or stolen
- Update your details and preferences
- Check what food your child is selecting to purchase each day